The Geoviz & Virtual Reality Working Group will be running a technical session comprising refereed and non-refereed papers as part of the ISPRS Congress 2012 Melbourne, 25th August to 1st Sept. Instructions for submitting abstracts can be found at: http://www.isprs2012.org/submit.asp.
When submitting your abstract please select from drop down list TC Working Groups → WG II/6 Geo-Visualization and Virutal Reality. The deadline for submission of abstracts of papers for presentation at the ISPRS 2012 Congress is Monday, 24 October 2011. We are planning on having the best of these papers put together in a special issue journal (further details coming). Also we plan on running a workshop on Geo-visual Analytics as part of the Congress (further details on this coming soon also).
Papers in any of the following areas are encouraged for submission:
• Enhanced communication of geographical data, information, and knowledge
• Applications and theory in Geo-visualization
• Approaches and lessons in Geo-Visual Analytics
• Novel methods and tools for exploring geographical decision spaces
• Exploration of tools and techniques for visualizing space and time
• Usability testing of geographical visualization, virtual & augmented reality
• Development and application of immersive and semi-immersive virtual & augmented reality
Deadline for Abstracts: 24 October 2011
Deadline for Full Paper: 16 January 2012
(Technical Commissions requiring peer review)
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 24 February 2012
Deadline for Full Paper: 16 April 2012
(Technical Commissions not requiring peer review)
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 30 April 2012
Accommodation Deadline: 20 July 2012
The working group organising committee (Chris Pettit, Andy Hudson-Smith, Bo Wu & Arzu Coltekin) look forwarding to see you in Melbourne.